Sunday, December 17, 2017

I'll be Home for Christmas



They say you can never go home again, I beg to differ.
Today while trimming my Christmas tree, I invited the spirit of Christmas Past and was seized by the rupture I felt as a kid when the little fake tree was taken down from the attic  in our apartment in Greece.

Today I went searching for the perfect gift for one very dear friend with the same delicious anticipation I had savored as an adolescent.

Today I listen to Holly Night without the cynical ears of the scientist and a mind jaded by the years past and the dreams crashed.

Today I bought a coffee and a piece of cake for the lonely old lady at the corner table in Starbucks, just because..

And as I put the star on the top of my now decorated tree, I made one special wish.
Today I did go back home.
May you all be home for Christmas this year.

No comments: