A Recipe for Success
1. A 15 year old kid (or adult) with HDHD (or any other “limitation”)
2. An inspiring, genuine and creative Coach
3. A loving, involved, persevering mother ( or friend or spouse, or therapist)
4. A lot of hard work and sacrifices
5. A dream to reach the stars
Result: The best Olympian in the modern history of Olympics.
Michael Phelps taught us that we can overcome limitations, that we do not need to be space scientists to reach for the stars, that success is 95% perspiration and 5% inspiration and he did it all in his quiet, humble, innocent way.
If he can reach for and grab the gold ( 14 in his case) what excuses do the rest of us really have? The recipe is really there. All we have to do is follow it.
Thanks for the lesson Michael!